Thursday, September 19, 2013

Catching Dreams

I know all of you know that song by Hall & Oates "You Make My Dreams Come True." If not:
Well you see, Wednesday morning (yesterday),  around 5:39 a.m. to be exact, I received an email from Teen Vogue informing me that I've been accepted into their program Teen Vogue Fashion University, which is a weekend in New York full of seminars and special events. Teen Vogue and my parents made my dreams come true!

I applied for this weekend randomly a few weeks ago before school started. I found it online and thought this would be an incredible experience, and my new life motto these days is about applying to anything and you will get whatever you are meant to get. I sent in my sketches, answered some questions about who my fashion icons are, and sent in photos of myself in my favorite outfits so they could see what my sense of style was like.

On September 5th I remember looking on Twitter and searching keywords about TVFU because it had been a few weeks since I had applied. I saw that so many girls got their acceptance letters that day and the day before so I assumed I didn't get in. I told my friends I didn't get accepted, but this morning everything changed! This Hall & Oates song has been on my mind all day. I cannot contain my excitement and I am feeling so blessed to be able to have this opportunity.

Thankfully I have the most incredible parents who support me in what I want to do, and I have the most incredible friends who are going to join me in the Big Apple! All I did was tell them and invite them, next thing I know me and six of my best friends are planning our trip on October 17th to NYC!

I will get to attend seminars by the owner of Warby Parker, the DANNIJO sisters, listen in on panels held by Teen Vogue, attend a private event hosted by Shopbop and more! Also, I will be live tweeting for Hello Perfect the whole weekend. I'll give more details on that later and what hashtag you can keep up with.

New York City, I am coming for you!

1 comment:

  1. SO EXCITED FOR YOU CHANDLER!!! Love you lots!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete