Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Goodbye Pledge Trainer, Hello Vice President!

As the year wraps up I bid farewell to being a pledge trainer to 118 freshman Tri Delts. It is hard to believe that our year of preparation is over and their six weeks of pledging are done. The journey was worth every second that Betsy Kate, Rebecca and I poured into this job. In the end we were so proud of every single girl and their commitment to Tri Delta.

The adventure began in January, but not until this fall semester did things really pick up. It all began on bid day when we welcomed them with open arms as they ran down Sorority Row to the Tri Delta House.
 78 text messages the day of bid day
Welcome to our six weeks where we traveled with our phone chargers always
 The best group I could have ever asked for 

The three of us held weekly pledge meetings teaching the baby dolphins about Tri Delta nationally and specifically the Chi chapter here at Ole Miss. Through this process I learned so much.

I learned to put others before myself.
I learned to make time for others because sometimes people need you more than you need your own personal time with Netflix.
I learned how important communication skills are. 
I learned the success of social media by running the baby dolphin's Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts.
I learned that sometimes you can't fit everything into one day.
I learned that sometimes your great ideas don't always work out.
I learned and was affirmed daily of how truly great my friends are.
I learned that I love loving on others.
I learned that in a short amount of time someone can impact your life and you can impact others.

Whether these 118 girls know it or not, they changed my life and impacted me in every way possible. While they seem to always be thanking me, I need to thank them in return.
You all mean the world to me and I'm sad to see the time as pledge trainer pass. Betsy Kate, Rebecca and I could not have been happier during these six weeks with y'all. You all made every meeting worth it, every swap more fun and made initiation very rewarding. 

Although I am sad to pass along the pledge trainer title, I know the friendships that were built during these six weeks will last and I can't wait to watch them grow.
The door to pledge trainer is shutting, but the door to being Vice Preside of Tri Delta has now been opened and I couldn't be more excited!

Thanks again baby dolphins! You made my year special and I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Also, thank you to the two other pledge trainers, our trio was perfect! 

Pledge retreat to SkyZone in Memphis

Pledge picnic

That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment