Thursday, November 14, 2013

The third thankful Thursday

1. The leaves changing - The leaves changing in Franklin is one of my favorite things to see, when I was in New York the leaves in Central Park were changing, and here in Oxford the trees are changing in the Grove. There's something about the leaves leaving and winter coming that makes me so happy. It makes me know that I will be with my family soon on Thanksgiving and Christmas break.

2. Grandfathers - Over a one year period I lost both of my grandfathers. Both were sudden and both were absolutely heartbreaking. I am thankful for the 18-19 years I had with them and the impact they had on my life is unforgettable. From taking me to plays to helping me shoot a bow, there is never a day I don't think about them.

3. Walking to class - When you're a freshman it can be awkward walking to class alone. What I love about living in Tri Delt is walking to my 8 am classes with my best friends. There's never a moment alone, which sometimes can be strange, but now we are so used to be surrounded by each other 24/7 it is weird when we aren't. I am thankful for every moment with these friends.

4. Music festivals - In high school if you would have told me that I would go to Lollapalooza I would have told you that you were crazy. What I loved about Lolla was the city, the people, the atmosphere and last but not least, the music. It was such a great experience and I'm thankful to have gone to the Windy City with some great people.

5. Dates - Couldn't tell ya what a date with a male is like, but roomie dates, lunch dates, dinner dates, coffee dates, etc. I love them all. Whether it's a nail salon date with Ali, a High Pointe date with Ann Marie, a South Depot date with Betsy Kate or a sister date to the Ellie Goulding concert, I love one on one time with my friends.

6. Christmas - What's better than Celine Dion's Christmas CD + Starbucks red cups + Christmas lights? Let me tell you, nothing. The Polar Express, Elf, Christmas Vacation. Hot cocoa, peppermint hot chocolate, milk and cookies.

7. Silences that aren't awkward - Comfortable silence is a great gift. With the roomies, comfortable silence is a must. We can be bonding the most when we all have our headphones in watching our shows on Netflix.

8.  Cozy clothes - Snuggles on snuggles in fleece pajama sets, Free People loose tops, Tri Delt hoodies

No comments:

Post a Comment