Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 1 at DANNIJO

I don't know how to type all my expressions at work but I can sum it up with: I LOVE IT!!

Tuesday at 10 we arrived at the office, well, everyone arrived at about 9:45 (early bird gets the worm?), and we were served breakfast and met the Dannijo team, which is only about 10 people. The showroom is amazing and it is decorated just how I imagined it would be. I love how close knit they all are and it is like one family.

I am doing marketing and sales, working one-on-one with two Dannijo girls. Every intern was assigned to one specific aspect of Dannijo, but we all work together a lot so we overlap. Danielle and Jodie, aka Dannijo, are awesome. They come in the office every day and we all work in the same room. I really am just on cloud nine about this whole experience and it is only week 1.

During the day I do things like press pulls and send them to magazines, organize the showroom, assist with marketing and sales, learn the line sheets of all of the jewelry and more. I have learned a valuable lesson and that is to not wear heels to work -- I learned it the hard way. Day 1 I thought I would be so cute and wear brand new heels and I left the day with bloody feet, Susanna thought I needed stitches that's how gross it was.

On Fridays we get off work at 3 which is nice. Summer Fridays are definitely a bonus and give me more time to explore. Yesterday after work I met up with Susanna & Jamie and we went to get macarons at Laudree. We took them to the Central Park Sailing Pond to eat. I got: (2) pistachio, chocolate, vanilla, coffee and orange blossom. My macaron money was coming in handy for those of you who know I called it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment