Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Samples sales, SoHo and Musical Chairs

Saturday morning we woke up and went to 5th Avenue to look at the DVF sample sale. I had never been to a sample sale before and it is funny how nice a store can make clothes look, but then when you see them in a warehouse building all bunched together, they don't look the same. I didn't find anything but Susanna got a new purse and a hot pink blazer, naturally.


After the sample sale we ventured to SoHo, aka where we always end up because how could you not?! We brunched at Jack's Wife Freda and even though most of the food options have either eggs or avocados in them, yuck, I loved the place. It's owned by a husband and wife, who you can read about on Man Repeller's site here. I first found out about Jack's Wife Freda from The Man Repeller's Instagram and it's open seating with windows open, everything about the place is so cute. Vegetarian probs - I got couscous and french fries to eat though. What in the world? Susanna and Frances got a hamburger, meat people.


Of course we stumbled upon Georgetown Cupcakes and Laduree SoHo; there are desserts on every corner of this city. The three of us shopped a little in Zara and Bloomingdale's then headed home. Saturday night we went to Le Bain, which is actually insane. It's a rooftop bar with glass as walls that overlooks Manhattan and the Hudson River. There was a pool on the lower floor inside and people were just casually in their swimsuits. Let me tell you, this was not Oxford's Library. We met some new friends who went with us and it was fun to see the city at night. A few lessons learned later, we headed back and crashed. Who knew work made people so tired and we have quickly become grandmas in bed by 9 pm normally.



Sunday was a lazy day. We slept late, got the $5 pizza deal, made lists of more things we want to do in the city and sat outside at Union Square for a while. I didn't think I was going to waste a day in NYC like I did on Sunday but it felt good to catch up on sleep.

Monday back to the workin' world. I really do just love work. When I am on the subway I get excited to go in and see what we are doing that day and I am so thankful that I have found a place that I enjoy so much. I did some press pulls, ran a few errands and then, as always, the day was over so quickly. Last  night we went to a HUGE musical chairs game at Bryant Park. The sun was setting and it was so funny to see everyone dancing in the park around the chairs.



The game lasted forever that we had time to go eat dinner and come back to watch the final people competing. The four of us, Jamie, Frances, Susanna and I, ate dinner at Le Pain Quotiden. Their corn chowder was delicious and we have no idea what possessed us to order it in the first place but it was totally worth it. Next on our list was to find Magnolia Bakery in Grand Central Station. Of course we copied Gossip Girl photo's of when Serena arrives at Grand Central and looked like 14-year-old fangirl's, but we could never have let the opportunity pass by!


No comments:

Post a Comment