Thursday, June 5, 2014

Biking to Brooklyn

New York really is the city that never sleeps. I always thought that was just a saying, but after two weeks of living here I totally understand. At home it's okay if you have a chill day. Here in New York, there is always something happening, something to be seen, something to be bought, or something new to be eaten. FOMO (fear of missing out, duh) is real in the city. Eleven weeks sounds like a long time but I'm already two weeks into this journey!

As far as an update on work goes, I still am in love with Dannijo. Every morning I get so excited to go to work and it's probably annoying to my roommates because work is all I talk about. I really am so thankful to be spending a summer with these insanely awesome people. Monday Danielle and Jodie got ready for the CFDA awards all day and made a really cool video with Sophia Bush & Hilary Rhoda that will be out soon. Surprise of Wednesday at the office: Sophia Bush came to get some new Dannijo jewels. I was like, "remain calm, remain calm." She was so sweet!
Tuesday was our day off and I even though I have FOMO of what I am missing at the office, I tell ya people it's so real, I do love having a weekday open to make plans and see more of the city. We rented bikes from an NYU dorm in SoHo & headed to bike across the Brooklyn Bridge which was on our bucket list. I pictured casually biking, taking my time, enjoying the scenery and breeze... It was the complete opposite. SO many people had the same idea to walk and bike across the bridge, people yelled left and right at us, I stopped biking and looked down to find a spot where a hobo pooped and it was literally the complete opposite of what I imagined. I'm glad I got to see the city from the bridge, but I will most likely never venture across it on a bike again.


After biking we got salads around Union Square and went to explore the Columbia campus. We had never been that far uptown and it was a cool area. Naturally we went there because Blair and Nate from Gossip Girl attended Columbia. Susanna bought out the entire Columbia bookstore; I got a white & gold coffee mug. Sophisticated, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment