Sunday, June 29, 2014

Frozen Hot Chocolate & Photobooths

Another week for the books in New York! It's hard to believe that it's almost July. I feel like I start each blog post being surprised at how quickly time goes, but it is crazy! At school I'm looking at time from event to event, sometimes counting down days, but here I just want time to slow down.

Monday was a typical Monday; humid and slow. Nothing really eventful to report back to you on for that day. Tuesday was great though! It was my first day off in two weeks and I was happy to have the chance to sleep in a bit. I woke up earlier than Susanna that morning so I took it upon myself to venture to one of my favorite places that no one else really likes. My main man Mr. TJ Maxx. He really did let me down though. This TJ Maxx is insanely big so I thought for sure I would score some good deals, since the brands there are not the average TJ brands. Afterwards I went to H&M though where I did find some new clothes -- like a jersey t-shirt which I realized I basically already have two shirts that look like it alright. Ring any bells, Ann Marie or Mama? Y'all always tell me I buy the same thing over and over again.


Susanna and I reunited to go to lunch at the Grey Dog right by Union Square. We'd already eaten there once before but we didn't have the best experience, even though we knew the place was supposed to be so good. I'm glad we gave it another try because it was delicious and I had the greatest nachos. Finally a real filling meal! Afterwards we went to the grocery store because we're real adults, right? Next on our bucket list was to get a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity 3, so we headed uptown. We had to wait 45 minutes for our table but luckily Dylan's Candy Bar is only a few short steps away from Serendipity 3.

Inside Dylan's I lose my mind. CANDY EVERYWHERE. Thank goodness no one ever brought me there when I was a child because I would have become Veruca so quickly and my parents would have given me away. Susanna and I found the fudge section and had one too many testers. Cookies and cream fudge? Put a fork in me, I'm done. The next best thing to the free fudge was the photo booth. We ran around the store finding the best props: a cupcake beanie, a candy fuzzy robe and doughnut pillows. The photos turned out perfectly and we named ourselves the cupcake ganstas.

Finally we made it to Serendipity 3 where we ate even more sweets. At this point I felt like I could run laps around the entire restaurant. The frozen hot chocolate was better than any milkshake I've ever had. It was so perfectly frozen. Serendipity 3 was totally not how I imagined it to look though. The butterflies on the ceiling reminded me of Silence of the Lambs so that was a little concerning. A cute father daughter date was happening beside our table though so I was happy to creep on their cuteness and not focus on the butterflies (Hello, Clarisse).

Wednesday, another day at work. Followed by Seamless delivery for dinner and the arrival of Fran's friend from home, Lizzy! Work on Thursday was fun as usual, but to make it better we got Pinkberry! Nothing like a little mid-afternoon chocolate pick-me-up. Thursday for dinner all of us went to Serafina's in Meatpacking. Our dinner was great until the lady beside us threw up IN HER PASTA. Yes, that's correct, you read it right. The only good thing about that disgusting thing happening is that we got our meal for 50% off & you know I love a good deal.

Friday was a half day at work and a lot of things changed that day. It's some people's last day, some are traveling, and next week a lot of people have off or are taking a few days off here & there because of traveling for the 4th of July. So this upcoming work week will be like no other I've had yet. After work I got my usual Starbucks and walked around for a bit before heading home.
Also, Elizabeth's dog, Bow, came to work on Friday and I was happy as a clam.
Friday night the four roomies + Lizzy went to dinner at Dos Caminos in Meatpacking. We celebrated Fran's birthday early since Lizzy won't be here in July with Prohibition cupcakes & margaritas. We were sitting outside in meatpacking and I love that area at night. I work only a block over from this restaurant so to see this area at night is always cool. Plus, who doesn't love Mexican food?! After dinner we went to Troy, a bar underneath Dos Caminos. Love on Top played as we entered so I was like, okay, we can stay here for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment