Friday, June 6, 2014

Moments at MoMA

Friday's are for exploring since Summer Fridays at work are totally a thing in New York. Susanna and Jamie get off work at 1 and I get off at 3. Every hour counts here let me tell you! Jamie ended up getting off work late, little worker bee. Susanna and I headed uptown to go to MoMA which is free on Fridays from 4-8 pm. I like museums and art, but I don't think I'm really a museum rat like some people are. We got to see some of Andy Warhol's paintings and the amount of selfies that were taken with the Campbells's soup cans was comical.





It happened to be National Donut Day on Friday too, so of course I had to get one. No better way to celebrate National Donut Day than with an NYC donut. Well, it was from Dunkin Donuts but still. MoMA had a cute cafe that overlooked the street and an outdoors space with some artwork and sculptures outside. We had a cup of coffee (because what is sleep?) and it was tempting but we passed on dessert. Something New Yorkers love is PDA. We were sitting next to approximately 4 different couples who were holding hands across the table and I'm just like, what?

After MoMA we reunited with Frances and Jamie back at our apartment. For the first time we cooked a real meal in our apartment - noodles, fabulous right? I am happy to finally not eat storm food and packaged goods. There is a HUGE Whole Foods beside my apartment. Friday night we went out to the Bowery Electric and of course it was oldies night aka my absolutely favorite night! They played all of my favorite songs and the roomies loved every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment