Sunday, June 8, 2014

James Franco & The Trunchbull

Saturday morning Susanna and I headed to NoHo, a new place on the map to us, and we brunched at The Smile. This was my favorite place so far! I had seen the ManRepeller eat there and about every blogger I find on Instagram had Insta'd from the restaurant. Brunch is definitely my favorite meal and that's because of two reasons. One is because you can always order a cup of coffee. The second reason is that it counts as two meals aka I don't have to pay for two meals, just one. Bless brunch. We love you.


After eating at The Smile we ventured to Times Square, which we decided we hate. We also decided that hating Times Square gives us more street cred and we are on our way to being a local. Times Square is packed way too tightly with way too many people and they move at the pace of a turtle. Possibly even slower. We ventured there though for a purpose: to meet Leighton Meester aka Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl. She is in Of Mice & Men on Broadway so we went to their stage door. Sadly (Susanna may have shed some tears), Leighton didn't come out for the stage door but we got to see James Franco and Chris O'Dowd. At first I couldn't think of who Chris O'Dowd was, but he is the cop from Bridesmaids and I think I fell a little in love with him. We got so many selifes with James Franco because he kept telling everyone it was easier to "turn your camera around so I can come up behind you." I mean okay Franco, if you tell me to take a selfie with you I'm not going to complain.




Our hearts were broken by Leighton Meester so as a little pick-me-up we bought tickets to see Matilda on Broadway. I cannot tell you how excited I was and in my inner child was freaking out. As many of you probably know because I always tell people, I had the same wallpaper that Matilda did when I was a child. You know the scene at the end of the movie when she lives with Miss Honey? The wallpaper is pink bows; yeah, I had that wallpaper too.
Told you.

Matila was incredible and everything I could have ever have hoped for in a musical. The children were adorable & so talented. The little girl who played Matilda was only 9 years old. Miss Trunchbull was played by a man which was hilarious, especially in the Olympics scenes and he/she wore a skirt with an Olympic blouse. Everyone in the audience was literally LOLing. My favorite song was "When I Grow Up." From Bruce eating the cake, to Amanda's pig tails that the Trunchbull hates, to Matilda's powers, I loved every second of the musical. 

Today Frances, Jamie, Susanna and I went to brunch at Rosemary's where we once again fell in love with brunch spots. There is something about ordering a mimosa and salad for brunch in New York wearing a dress & converse that I don't know if I'll ever get over. It's just so real that I am here and this is home for eleven (well, now nine) weeks. Roomies that brunch together stay together, that's our motto. Once we finished wandering after brunch and of course to the roof top garden of Rosemary's we went shopping a little. Now we are all back at the apartment doing laundry as I type this. Glam? Maybe not. But this weekend was incredible! New York, you're the bees knees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment