Friday, June 21, 2013

Cup of Soul

So, here's the first submission to my summer school class. The topic was language, so I chose poetry. The only two options we have are prose and poetry (not really sure which one I like better, neither are my favorite) but here is what I wrote.. I could not decide what to write about and with it being our first week I was a little nervous so I stuck with something I know pretty well: my morning cup of coffee, that I often spread throughout the day as well.

Cup of Soul

The camaraderie you bring me
The places I go to find you
I seek you to bring me joy

The sweet taste you bring me
The beginning to my day
You’re like an old friend

Reminding me of kisses from my mom
Before I boarded the bus
Or an afternoon at my grandpa’s house

You’re always there
With not a drop left to spare
My coffee time in the morning 

I am really enjoying this class right now. The week after that I wrote very personally about my high school experience, and this week about a close friend of mine who is about to embark on a new journey. This creative writing class makes me think in ways I am not necessarily used to, and the journals we write each week actually give me ideas for poems. Another new activity to check off the list: online summer school. Something I tried to drop the very first day, but as the days go by now, I'm really enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment