Thursday, June 20, 2013

Here's to a new beginning..

Well, hello! I'm just your average twenty-year-old college student sharing my thoughts on seeing things through my eyes. Some of you might know, I already have another blog. That blog is more personal, pictures and stories detailing random things. But this is here for writing, not photos of my latest weekend with my best friends and more in Oxford. Those will be included in this blog too, yes, but not as often & not as the subject matter. 

I go to the University of Mississippi and recently changed my major to Journalism. I hope to take the classes in order to be specialized in Public Relations. As most girls at Ole Miss, I'm in a sorority, Tri Delta, and love the friendships that have come out of that organization. While some say you're paying for friends, if you're on the inside you know the real side. This side is full of love, incredible friendships and opportunities. There are a lot of stereotypes about Ole Miss, especially with sorority life, and I can't wait to give you all an inside look! I'll also post my writing from classes, for fun, and fingers crossed I can get an internship & share those stories with you too. 

I like to think my ideal job would be working in fashion; public relations specifically. But as I'm discovering this new major maybe my ideas will change. I do know that I love reading fashion blogs, whether it's a social media intern's who works for a well known designer, or an average woman working in New York writing her journey. Maybe I have a future with blogging, maybe it's not even in fashion, and maybe the best has yet to be discovered and the opportunity of a lifetime will present itself. 

I'm not sure yet what this blog is going to look like or what it will include, but here we go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment