Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How It All Happened

You all thought I was going to be a teacher, right? Then bam, here's my new plan. Journalism major with a specialization in public relations. And imagine people's faces when I tell them. Everyone asks questions like: "What is PR?" or says "Aww, honey I always thought you were going to be a teacher." Well honestly, I always thought I was going to be a teacher too. Then this new idea popped into my head, and I start telling my friends "In my second life I would go to fashion school, intern in New York, then work for a designer & be in charge of their social media or communications, or in charge of their public relations section." Well surprise! My second life is hopefully to become my real one. Why sit and wonder if I could do it, instead of just jumping in?
I didn't want to look back down the road and wonder what would have happened if I followed my crazy dream to do public relations with the high goal of the fashion world.. I'm here to try and make it happen. If fashion doesn't work, hey, there's many more industries I'm interested in. 
Right now where I stand with my new major is anticipation. I am anxiously awaiting my fall classes where I will begin the intro to journalism classes, and then spring semester is when I tackle public relations. I'm also really hoping for an internship over winter break (cough cough, please New York) but I do not want to limit myself to just one city. This Nashville girl might not love the Big Apple. 
So here it is, my new major and new "firsts" and luckily for you, you're here to witness it all play out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment