Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy 14th Birthday, Kendall!

14 reasons Kendall deserves a great birthday:
1. She is the original squirrel girl in my life. While I have found my own niche of squirrels at Ole Miss (#blessed by you squirrels), Kendall is always my number one.
2. She's the coolest 14 year old I know. Whether she is doing a round-off backhandspring tuck in a cheer routine or if she is walking around Downtown Franklin in a Lollapalooza shirt, she is way cooler than me. We went to an Ellie Goulding concert together this summer together too.
3. Kendall is one of the funniest people I know. She can do the Kristin Wiig "Gilly" voice and the Target Lady
4. You name a song, she knows all the words. It's a little unreal how quickly she can pick up on things like that.
5. She sends me selfies like this:

6. Next year she will be in high school (I'm old) and I can't wait for her to be a Centennial Cougar. All Cougars deserve great birthdays because we are obviously the best school in Franklin.
7. Kendall is so caring and sweet. She is such a great friend to everyone and an even better sister. If she knows anyone is upset, she wants to fix it immediately. 
8. In my eyes she will always be 7.. It was strange for me to type that you're turning 14. When Kendall was younger I like our age difference, then during the awkward stages of my life I didn't like it, and now I appreciate this age difference so much. It's so cool watching this little squirrel girl grow up and I am so thankful to have her as my sister & best friend.
9. Kendall is going to be an Ole Miss Rebel and a DDD dolphin
10. She is beautiful and makes the boys holla!
11. Kendall calls me "Dadoo" and I have probably only heard her call me Chandler a few times in my life.
12. She's way more talented than I ever was at cheerleading
13. Even though when we were younger I would steal all the good Barbie clothes and furniture for my Barbie family, she would still play with me. I guess that's where being the older sisters has it's perks -- the best Barbie accessories and houses
14. She's truly the best little sister I could ever ask for. With her big heart and even bigger smile, I miss her every day being away at school. I love you Kendall and am so glad you were able to spend your birthday weekend here in Oxford with me!

Here's to 14 years of having my best friend 
by my side and so many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment