Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thankfulness

Every Thursday in November I thought it would be nice to sit down, collect my thoughts, and write down 10 things I am thankful for. I always joke about being #blessed (said out loud like "hashtag blessed") but when I look at my life, I realize how truly blessed I am.
I have the most incredible family and friends, I attend Ole Miss, am in Tri Delt, have so many things that make me happy during the day, get to travel multiple times a year, and I have Jesus by my side at all times.
Sometimes it helps to write down things, people, places, etc. that you are thankful for. It helps you remember them and you're thinking harder.
I challenge you to do this too.

1. Breakfast at Tri Delt - Coffee in the mornings with your best friends every day, you can't beat that.

2. Gilmore Girls - While this may seem silly, I am thankful for the comfort that Gilmore Girls brings me. Whether I am sad, happy, sleepy or mad, there's something about hearing the words, "Where you lead, I will follow.." that can turn any mood around.

3. Journals - I am thankful for the hands to write in my journals with. Whether it is my bible study journal, my bucket list journal, my notes or my prayers journal, I am thankful for them because they let me look back on past thoughts and dream about the future. I'm thankful for Pop's journal he kept for a year.

4. High school friendships - No matter the amount of time that has passed or the days we go without talking, once we are reunited it is like nothing has changed. I can't wait to see where life takes us all, because it has already taken us to different states.

5. Laughter - Living in the DDD house, the walls are paper thin. My favorite part about the walls being so thin is hearing my friend's laughs. They are all so unique and you can tell when someone really think something is funny, instead of a fake laugh. Many people's laughs make me laugh, and that makes my heart happy.

6. Handwritten notes - I keep handwritten notes and cards from everything. I have cards Jennifer and Marissa made me for my 8th birthday, cards from when I got my appendix out my freshman year of high school, and sweet notes from friends in college. Sometimes, maybe always, a handwritten note is the best gift you can receive.

7. Dance parties - Dance parties in the foyer after skit, dance parties in the kitchen after the Great Gatsby swap, dance parties in room 9, or dance parties on the square.

8. Snuggles - Thankfully all my friends are snuggle bunnies. After a long day, on a rainy day, or on the happiest day while watching a movie, snuggles are everywhere.

9. Airplanes - To take me to new places and to take me back home

10. All of you who read this - I'm thankful you all read this and I'm thankful for the feedback. I never have any idea where this blog will take me but all of my friends have been so supportive and kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment