Monday, July 28, 2014

Baseball, Rooftops & Masks

Well, I'm really behind on blogging.
 
Friday Susanna and I ventured into a new city we had never been to, the beautiful Bronx. Oh yes. The ride on the subway wasn't too bad and we were really there in no time. Right when we arrived the sun was setting and it was absolutely beautiful! My dad laughed at me when I told him where I was sitting. I said it was right across from the batter... I could basically hear him laughing over the phone, but I was correct! I just didn't say exactly the right words, but I 100% was directly across from the batter. I win.
The two of us bought tickets a while back to go to the Yankee's game and the night had finally come. We were ready to eat Dippin' Dots out of a baseball hat and wave our foam fingers while yelling for Derek Jeter. We did these things and more.

On Saturday the 26th, yes that's how behind I am, we had a SoHo filled day. For brunch the three roomies went to Isola Trattoria & Crudo in the Mondrian SoHo hotel. The space was unreal. It was in a greenhouse with huge chandeliers hanging. The natural light was shining in and some people, the diva's in the city, brunched with their sunnies on. I got a margarita pizza because one can never have too many slices, right?

The restaurant made me feel like I was in Italy or Greece. I loved it! That afternoon we ventured to the rooftop of the hotel. We made a full day out of this one building. On the rooftop was Sonny's Soda Shoppe. There were lights strung from side to side, blue seats like the ocean, pink & white walls and gelato. The whole hotel was meant to feel like you were in Capri. You could get a drink with gelato in it. What more could you ask for? Sadly though I didn't indulge, and like a 40 year old man I got beer. Cheers.



The view at the top of Sonny's Soda Shoppe was one we hadn't really seen. It was much lower than views like the Empire State Building and you could see the streets. One side was Freedom Tower and then way in the distance on the other side you could see a little bit of Times Square, found mainly from the H&M tower. Hi Anna Wintour! Rain hit for a little bit, just a sprinkle though. It didn't stop us from leaving. I love rooftops in New York because you get to see every single side of the city. The view is unreal.

Finally we left the Mondrian, we should have just moved in that day. At night we went to the McKittrick Hotel and let me tell you, I was terrified. Here are some photos of the reviews:

Getting taken into random rooms?! Masks?! No thank you. I don't care if Chuck Bass went to a party like this in Gossip Girl, I would like to not be in a mask 24/7 and be on my toes constantly wondering I am going to be dragged into a secret room. Thankfully the place wasn't too much like this, it was actually really cool. There was a train in the hotel, the rooftop looked like a garden, and a lady downstairs (where the masks are) was singing songs like "Fever." Yes, I was in heaven. So no need for anxiety, the McKittrick was speak easy fun, so much that on Sunday I laid in bed. All day.

No comments:

Post a Comment