Monday, July 21, 2014

Sushi, Margaritas & Cupcakes

Once our friends left on Wednesday the three roomies had less than 24 hours before our newest visitors came. Fran's 21st birthday was on Sunday the 20th so her two friends from school came in for the weekend. Thursday night I went to get drinks with LaDawn, my friend Anna's big sister in her sorority, after work. She has interned in New York during college and now lives here. LaDawn is a NYC superstar and knows all of the great places to go! I was so happy for my worlds to collide when meeting her, she was so helpful and sweet! We had happy hour at Mercadito Grove and the margaritas were only $6. Let me tell you, I will never take South Depot's $5 margaritas for granted again because here in New York you can't get one for less than $12!

Friday was a summer Friday again (as always) at work, whoop whoop! There were two Momofuku birthday cakes there for the girls' friends and I wanted to badly to take a little bite. Ugh, so tempting. I began my day on Friday by going straight to Alison Brod PR, which is the PR company that Dannijo uses. They're awesome! I loved getting to go to their office and picking up the jewelry and handbags. I also got to take a cab with the jewelry from ABPR to Dannijo, so, with my cup of coffee in my hand, I took the cab from Park Ave to Meatpacking and for a moment I felt a little fabulous for a Friday at 9:30.

Friday afternoon I went to visit Susanna at the Tarte sample sale. The line was INSANE! A YouTube star named Bunnie was there signing autographs and I don't know who she is, but teeny boppers apparently love her and were wrapped all over Broadway in a huge line to see her. Luckily I got to go right up to the door and say, "I don't want to meet Bunnie, I just want to shop." It was a pretty funny sentence. Susan was a superstar salesperson and apparently needs to switch her major to marketing.
Also I got Baked by Melissa because how could you not?

To begin the celebration for Fran's 21st we went to Sushi Samba in the West Village and had the best sushi we've had so far in the city. I got to make my own roll and the spicy mayo was the greatest. I might have even looked over and seen Fran spooning it into her mouth, it's okay, it's her birthday she can do what she wants. Since we didn't actually get our food until midnight, we just hung out at the restaurant then found a donut place, Holey Donuts, which topped off the night.

Saturday my family came and I was on cloud nine! I will write about that in another post. I was with them the entire day until dinner at 9:30 at Buddakan for Fran's actual birthday dinner. Friends from Atlanta came to visit and it was a fun birthday dinner filled with too much food. Obviously the three roomies got sappy and had a birthday photo shoot because we really are all so thankful for each other here in the city. Feel free to "awww." After dinner we went out to The Standard, aka Fran's stomping grounds, and ate Georgetown Cupcakes while walking there. Classy. (it's because we weren't allowed to eat them at Buddakan).


Happy 21st Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment