Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Gay Parade & Lady Liberty

It's been far too long since I've blogged! Between this blog and my personal journal, I am constantly confused on what I've updated but great news, here is what happened last week in my life.

After the greatness that was named "Brooklyn," Sunday brought a totally opposite scene. It was the Gay Pride Parade in New York and the city was something else let me tell ya. I've never seen to many people piled on Fifth Ave. (Yes, I haven't been here for that long, but still.) Rainbows were flying and everyone was so happy. It was so cool to witness this. Funny how just a few years ago this couldn't have happened.


We started Sunday with brunch at Rosemary's, shocker. The roomies love it there. I got really good, but overpriced, pasta. All I eat here is noodles. Noodles and cupcakes. At the top of Rosemary's is a garden so we walked up there to look at another view of the parade. After brunch we all split ways - I went to walk by the river, Lizzy and Frances went to go get ready for the Yankees baseball game, Jamie went shopping and Susanna went to Paper Source. A few hours later we all reunited again

Monday was totally a Monday at work. Craziness and tiredness. Have no fear, it didn't make me love my days any less. We laughed a lot because some jewelry was "too aggressive for a Monday, but hey, Monday needed it."

Tuesday, another day off work! Fran and Lizzy woke up early that morning to go to Today Show. They got free Fourth of July cupcakes from the one & only, Martha Stewart. They came back to the room to sleep and Susanna & I went to have lunch at The Frying Pan.

The Frying Pan is heaven in New York City, amongst many other places. It's a boat on Pier 66 that's a restaurant. Being in the middle of the Hudson River listening to Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits CD, eating a hummus wrap and getting a tan.. What more could I ask for? Susanna and I definitely overstayed our welcome there, moving to the top deck after we finished eating to literally lay-out.

Once we felt like it was the time to leave, we met Fran and Lizzy at FIT. The FIT Museum was hosting the History of Lingerie. Thank goodness my cheap self didn't pay for this museum because it was cool, but not cool enough to pay and it was so small. The best part was when we walked across the street to see clothing that the FIT students designed.

Tuesday night was the best part of our day. Seeing The Statue of Liberty was on the bucket list and that was the day we marked it off! The four roomies and Lizzy took the subway downtown to Battery Park where we got on the Staten Island Ferry, for FREE! What a steal. On the way to Staten Island we accidentally sat on the wrong side of the boat where we couldn't see Lady Liberty, but we got to see other places around Manhattan that we'd never seen before, like Governor's Island. It was so nice being on a boat and it was so relaxing. If I run away for some "me" time, you'll know where to find me.


In Staten Island we had to change ferries, so of course we went inside and got the healthy snacks of: popcorn, pretzels and candy. Food from Staten Island, hooray! On the way back the view was incredible of Lower Manhattan and The Statue of Liberty. If anyone's in NYC, you should definitely do this.


Wednesday was a hilarious day back at the apartment. We decided to order Insomnia Cookies since it was Jamie's last week in the city. Hot, gooey cookies delivered right to our door.

Hashtag bonding with our family dinner and our cookie late night treat. We had been talking about ordering these cookies for the entire summer so finally the time had come. A few crazy episodes later of the toilet overflowing, me throwing shoes at Frances and her attacking me, Wednesday was one for the books and I'm thankful these crazy people are here in the city with me. It's funny the four of us are roomies, but I couldn't picture it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment