Monday, July 29, 2013

Flashback to L.A.

Because of the app TimeHop I'm able to see what I posted on my social media sites "On this day" every day. It's fun because somethings I don't remember doing or I had no idea that this was when I was doing it three years ago. Other times it isn't so fun because I see the dramatic quotes I tweeted in high school. Yikes.
Yesterday, my TimeHop told me that three years ago on July 28th I was in Los Angeles and was getting to see a live taping of Chelsea Lately. I think Chelsea Handler is hilarious and seeing her in person, along with her nugget Chuy, made my day! Normally, when I have to have a fun fact during games or on an application, this is it. 
The two highlights of my trip: finding Celine Dion's star on the Walk of Fame & getting Chelsea Handler to sign my copy of her book.
I remember this trip to Los Angeles like it was yesterday. We walked around on Hollywood Boulevard where we saw the Chinese Theatre, the Kodak Theatre (which has been renamed the Dolby Theatre), walked around Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, and then found all our favorite celebrity's stars on the Walk of Fame. 

One day we went to Manhattan Beach, which I fell in love with, and walked along the beach. I ordered my first Fish & Chips for dinner and ever since then, no order has compared to the one I ate in Manhattan Beach. I also remember the Free People store there because it was perfect. All the stores looked like they were out of a movie (okay, they probably were in movies), and Manhattan Beach was my favorite place we went. Along the beach were tons of teenagers playing volleyball and surfing, it made me want to move there! Can you imagine growing up there? It would be unreal. Move over Lauren Conrad, I'm starting a new tv show on Manhattan Beach.

Another day we went to the Santa Monica Pier and rode the rides. We went to Rodeo Drive and ate lunch in Beverly Hills & window shopped. Another day we went to The Grove to shop. Kendall loved the American Girl Doll store and of course I found the Anthropologie and Forever21. One of our last days, we went to Knott's Berry Farm Amusement Park and also found the house where Nicole Simpson was murdered. 

With my newest obsession on New York, I forgot how much I loved Los Angeles, too. Everyone there was so calm and collected, they all just walked around with such ease. No one seemed in a hurry and everywhere we went was so peaceful. When looking through all these old pictures I loved remembering everything about this trip and I see another trip in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment