Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Viva Las Vegas!

I've developed a strange love for the city of Las Vegas. It all began the summer before my freshman year of college. My dad, who works in the trade show business, had a customer attending a show in June. He often travels to Vegas and as a senior/graduation gift to me, he said that I could come with him! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, my dad said my two best friends, Jennifer and Marissa, could come with us too. Then I really think it can't get any better, but it does. My dad buys all three of us tickets to see Celine Dion perform in the Colosseum at Caesar's. It was a dream come true and I couldn't contain my excitement!
It was unreal that I was able to go to Vegas for a week with my two best friends and my dad. My mom and sister had to stay at home (sorry you didn't graduate high school in 2011). We hit almost every attraction and hotel on the strip, taking a million pictures along the way. Here is the blog post.
Then for Christmas 2012 I was surprised with a piece of paper that read "BUY CELINE DION TICKETS ASAP!" I started crying. My dad was again going to Las Vegas, this time in January, and said I could come with him and bring a friend. I took my friend and sorority sister Hunter with me and we were there for about five days again. We hit all the same attractions and hotels, but everything looks different in Vegas in January compared to in June. This time we saw Celine Dion again, but had even closer seats than before and it was unreal! This is my blog post about my second time in Vegas!
I don't love Las Vegas just because of Celine Dion (yes, she is adds to the excitement), but I love the culture and environment. I love the decorations in each hotel on the strip, all the things to do, and people watching. Everything is so extravagant there. Whether I'm riding the bull at Planet Hollywood or dining at the Wynn, I love every aspect of Vegas. Here is my ode to one of my favorite cities, and Viva Las Vegas!

The gondolas easing down the canal,
St. Mark’s square filled with restaurants and famous chefs,
Human statues subtly winking at you,
The painted sky with clouds that move,
The sun always shining down on the Venetian.

Green dolphin sculptures smiling as you walk by,
The Beatles music flooding the inside,
While the erupting volcano booms outside,
Walk out back to see the white tigers and white lions,
Jungle fever is at the Mirage.

Stop by the Trevi fountain to toss a coin and make a wish,
The Colosseum with Celine Dion performing every night,
You should take a break with dessert or coffee from Serendipity3,
Or swim like a Grecian in the high-rise pools,
The Gods and Goddesses are not the only ones allowed in Caesar’s Palace.

Eating at the scrumptious sushi restaurant overlooking the water,
A Pirate ship show on display every night,
Two boats fighting and one does sink,
While dining here, you witness a defeat,
Feel like the captain of a ship at Treasure Island.

To see the mountains and lights take a ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower,
The photo opportunities are nothing short of incredible,
Walk under the Arc de Triomphe,
Or take a bite at Mon Ami Gabi and sip some French wine,
Paris, Paris is like venturing across the world.

The colorfully blown glass to decorate the ceiling,
And Cirque du Soleil performance on water,
Ginormous water fountains reaching the top of the hotel to familiar tunes,
And botanical gardens further inside decorated differently each month,
You can not miss the Bellagio, especially if you are an Ocean’s Eleven fan.

Las Vegas is not only for the sinners,
It is for the people who appreciate culture as well.
Venturing through the different countries with just a few steps,
There is always something new to see.
Sin City is sinless for me and I would not have it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment